Dungeon of Traps: A Tribute to Rick Loomis
- Grimtooth’s Traps is a 1981 role-playing game supplement authored by Rick Loomis and published by Flying Buffalo. It was the first in a series of role-playing game supplements that included Grimtooth’s Traps Too (1982), Grimtooth’s Traps Four (1986), Grimtooth’s Traps Ate (1989), Grimtooth’s Dungeon of Doom (1992), Grimtooth’s Traps Lite (1992), and Grimtooth’s Traps Bazaar (1994). Necromancer Games later released The Wurst of Grimtooth’s Traps (2005) and Goodman Games published Grimtooth’s Ultimate Traps Collection (2015) and Grimtooth’s TrapSylvania (2019).
- This series of events will be a tribute to the man: Rick Loomis. We will run through some of the greatest dungeon traps ever devised over three different sessions. The second and third sessions will be continuations from the previous session. All players will have the opportunity to generate and submit their characters in advance using a set of creation guidelines that I will provide.
- As a point of clarification I will be utilizing all the Grimtooth books to select the traps from. I expect there to be about 60 traps built into this dungeon crawl.
- Game System: Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition, Old School Essentials
- Player Characters: 6-10 Lvl 4-6 characters
- Date & Time: TBA (Requested Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6pm)
- Players: TBA (I will post a list of registered players with directions on character creation. Players will be able to create their own characters and submit them prior to the convention for approval.)